We are interested in issues that affect you personally. Whether they relate to energy, agrofood, financial services, protection of privacy or commercial practices, we understand how important these issues are for you.
On your behalf, we keep up to date on all important developments in these sectors and intervene directly with the authorities concerned whenever the situation so requires. Our first concern is to keep you well informed and act in your interests.
Some of our actions
- We were named to the Board of Directors of the Conseil des appellations agroalimentaires du Québec (CAAQ).
- We participated in developing a Canadian regulation on biological farming and advised the Canadian government on ways of making consumers aware of biological certification.
- We submitted a report on the food safety of Quebeckers to the Commission sur l’avenir de l’agroalimentaire québecois (CAAAQ).
- We took participated in developing the Quebec government’s energy strategy by, among other things, submitting a brief to the National Assembly.
- We appeared before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Industry, Natural Resources, Science and Technology and presented a brief proposing various approaches for combatting rising gasoline prices.
- We conducted out a survey on the quality of information provided by cell phone vendors.
- We conducted a nation-wide survey on accessibility to home insurance in central neighbourhoods.
- We published in collaboration with the Labour Environmental Alliance Society the French version of the famous CancerSmart 3.0 The Consumer Guide
- We took part in organizing a symposium on the safety of products for human consumption.
- We carried out a field investigation on access to personal information.
- We carried out a study on identity theft on behalf of the Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA). We also designed a guide and published several articles on the subject.
- We presented a report to the Autorité des marchés financiers on commercial practices in damage insurance.
- We took part in a consultation on investor protection by the National Assembly’s Commission des finances publiques, to whom we submitted a brief on this question.