Option consommateursa non-profit association dedicated to helping consumers and defending their rights, is advertising a vacancy for a legal advisor.
The association is currently developing and expanding its activities to better meet consumer demands. With this in mind, Option consommateurs is looking for people ready to embrace its mission and join a dynamic team, in a flexible work environment that encourages the professional development of its employees.
Reporting toOption consommateurs's Assistant General Manager, the advisor's main responsibility is to contribute to the various activities of the legal information department. In addition to providing consumers with a professional legal information service, the incumbent is also responsible for handling consumer requests for information.
The incumbent will also be called upon to lead information sessions on various topics related to consumer law. The incumbent will also be called upon to give media interviews.
With excellent interpersonal and public legal skills, the advisor must have an interest in working with consumers. The position requires a high degree of autonomy, excellent organizational and adaptability skills, as well as sensitivity to economic justice and the defense of vulnerable persons.
- Respond to requests for information sent to the Legal Information Department;
- Host information sessions, in person or by videoconference, on various topics related to personal finance or consumer law;
- Give media interviews;
- If necessary, carry out legal research;
- RepresentOption consommateurs in dealings with various governmental, parapublic and other bodies, when entrusted with such a mandate;
- Collaborate on certain intervention, support or information projects with vulnerable clienteles;
- Carry out any other related tasks deemed necessary to achieve the organization's objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in law, member in good standing of the Quebec Bar or registered with the Chambre des notaires;
- Fluency in French required, bilingualism an asset
- Aptitude for helping others and explaining the law to others
- Good listening skills, empathy and ability to summarize
- Experience in a similar position, an asset
- Interest in and/or knowledge of consumer protection issues in telecommunications, competition, real estate and energy, an asset
- Knowledge of community and consumer affairs is an asset
Working conditions :
Full-time, permanent position.
Work schedule: 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Salary range for this position between $44,333 and $66,500, depending on experience and the organization's salary policy.
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of teleworking
- Group insurance
- Employer contribution to RRSPs
- 10 days off during the holiday season (including statutory holidays)
- 12 flexible days per year, 6 of which can be paid into the employee's RRSP
- Reduced summer schedule (details in interview)
Workplace: Maison dudéveloppement durable, 50 Sainte-Catherine Street West, Montreal
Start date: as soon as possible
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a covering letter by February 2, 2024, to the following address: [email protected]
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.