- Budgetary method: budgetary forecasts, income, expenses, debts
- Ways to balance one’s budget and tips on how to save
- The cost of indebtedness
- The consequences of indebtedness: credit record, seizure, etc.
- Solutions to indebtedness: negotiations with one’s creditors, bankruptcy and consumer proposal, etc.
- Financial institutions in Quebec
- The opening of an account and counter transactions
- The ATM: accessibility and advantages, personal identification number
- Computerized transactions: automatic withdrawal, automatic transfer
Expensive credit :
- Pawnbroking and loansharking
- Credit the 2nd and 3rd time around: loans at high interest
- Buy to own: rental contract with option to buy
- Check cashing services
- Financial plans
The Consumer Protection Act (LPC):
- Situations where the LPC applies
- Various types of contracts protected by the LPC
- Merchants’ guarantees and reimbursement policies
- Business practices: advertising, misleading statements, etc.
- Legal recourses